My previous post was stupid. I mean, what was I rambling about? Was I feeling sorry for myself? I need to stop doing that. And instead, live on the happy memories! :D There are so many things to be grateful for.

For instance, my parents and I got to spent my dad's 54th birthday last year! At that time, he was in the hospital due to some kidney problems. But we still managed to celebrate! I made a card for him, it even has a huge blue cat on the cover. He loooooved cats. My mom bought a mango cake for him. Mango was one of his fave fruits. We sang a birthday song, and he blew out the candles. I knew he was really happy that day. He told my mom that he loved the card. My dad didn't really tell me things, but I know he was really happy. And I'm glad for that. I'm glad I made his last birthday a happy one! :D It was a few weeks after his death; I was looking through the things in his bedside table. He kept his bills, and documents in there. And I found the card I made him. Reading the message I wrote for him, I'm glad I wrote those things. I'm glad I managed to express my feelings and love for him in that card, on his final birthday. I'm ever so grateful.

We got to spend
my twentieth birthday together too! Little did I know that it would be my last birthday together with my dad. Little did my mom know. Little did my grandma. Little did anyone know. But I'm glad we got to spend it together! We ate out for lunch, at a decent restaurant. And my parents got me a chocolate cake. It was truly one of the happiest days of my life. A big statement to make, but really. I know in my previous post I was ranting about how my dad won't be here to celebrate my 21st birthday yadayadayada - but I'm grateful that he was there last year. So I'm not gonna mope anymore, and I hope my party (with my extended family) will be a blast this Sat! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment