I'll be turning 21 in a hour's time. I've never really made a birthday wishlist. I don't think anyone I know will actually see this, but heck, just for the fun of it. I've always love receiving mix CDs - there was once a friend of mine surprised me with a mix CD and that really made my day. Mixtapes are really a thing of the past, but I love the whole idea of receiving a selection of songs from a friend and each of those songs has a special meaning for the giver, in hopes that the receiver will get the message. Simple, yet extremely special :) Speaking of songs, I definitely need a new MP3 player! Food-wise, I hope to receive chocolatey stuff! Cakes, muffins, boxes and boxes of divine chocolates! Hmm, I've always wanted a cat - but I don't think I have the time or the resources to look after one now. Perhaps, in the future? I love looking at photographs - especially those black and white photos which my mom keeps in the cupboard. I love colours, and I'm thankful for all the colours I see, but sometimes, a black and white world just seems more peaceful, serene yet exquisite. Sephia's pretty awesome too! Images need not be perfect to be beautiful - little things like overexposure, oversaturation, dimness and fadedness make photos all the more special. So I'd love to receive a lomocam! :) I wouldn't mind a digicam, I can always use photoshop to edit the photos, but that's not really the same thing, is it? I know I'm not a very artistic person - I can't draw well, I can't paint, I can't sketch, I can't produce beautiful designs using photoshop or anything like that, but I'd love to get some art supplies for my birthday! They don't come cheap - one good quality marker can cost at least $5 dollars, fabric paints are $7 each, and art lessons are financially-draining - although these things are good investment (well, maybe). Truthfully, I don't really care much about birthday presents. But I do care about birthday cards! Because cards are the best things to get - especially those with a heartfelt message written in them. Also, cards/letters are perfect for family and friends who are on a budget :) But above all, what I really want for my birthday is a lifetime of love and prayers from all those whom I love. I know it sounds wishy-washy, but really.
Anyway, my mom is throwing me a party next week during the Lunar New Year break. I don't really want a party - I mean everyone makes a huge deal out of turning 21. So a party is a rite of passage to adulthood? But hmm, I don't really wanna be an adult. Not yet. But my mom insists that she throws the party for me, she told me that my dad would have wanted this. I can't say no to that. But February hasn't been enjoyable, it hasn't been a happy month for me - because at the back of my mind, I know that no matter how much I wished or I prayed, my dad will never come back. What's the point of having a party when he won't be there to celebrate it with me?


No comments:
Post a Comment