Monday, January 24, 2011
A Different Kind of Happy
/ LABELS:
grief,
littlethings
Just thought I should write this down - because I never want to forget it. A few days ago, I had a dream about my dad. In my dream, my mom and I were at a countryside or some sort of village - which is bizarre because the countryside or villages don't exist in Singapore anymore. I saw my aunt walking towards me, and asked her what she was doing here. She replied something - which I couldn't hear because my dreams are usually silent. Then, the best thing happened when I saw a man running towards me, with his arms stretched out, preparing for an embrace. It was my dad. He looked different. He was smiling, it was a happy smile. In the previous two dreams I had of him, he had a sad smile. But here, he was happy. He had a neat mustache and hair - as he always does in my dreams. So I turned away from my aunt, and ran into my dad's arms. I kissed his cheeks and hugged him so tightly. I felt so happy, a happy I can't really describe, a happy I have never felt before. It was a different kind of happy. I guess this would be the kind of happy you would feel when you meet someone you love dearly after a long while, while having the thought at the back of your mind that this encounter isn't real. That is all I remember from the dream. I take it as a sign that he is happy wherever he is, and I pray that he stays that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment