home / about / fotos / hear / quotes

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Day You Slipped Away

Slipped Away by Avril Lavigne

Tonight is one of those nights when I'm overwhelmed by grief. It's been more than a year since you slipped away. I am ashamed for being too caught up in the hustle and bustle of things. Because deep down - I'm afraid. I fear that I may one day forget you, or that I will stop praying for you. I hate myself for being caught up in meaningless things, that sometimes I feel as though I'm neglecting you and my memory of you. On other nights, the sobbing gets too severe that I find it hard to breathe. It still pains me to talk about you, or seeing something that reminds me of you. I miss having dinner with you and Mom while we watched Wheel of Fortune. You held me in such high esteem, though I never deserved it - especially from you. I would solve all the puzzles on the show and you always praised me for being so smart. But I'm a fool - for the way I mistreated you, for the way I took you for granted and for not realising just how precious you are till you're gone. I wish I never said those hurtful things to you. You are the unluckiest father in the world for having a daughter like me. I just wish you can hear me and forgive me, and I hope that you went away knowing that I love you. I will never forget that beautiful sad smile you gave me when I told you that Mom, Grandma and I love you. The memory of you crying on the hospital bed with eyes filled with sorrow still haunts me. Perhaps at that moment you already knew that you were leaving us. What I would give just to see you smile again.

I miss you, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment