home / about / fotos / hear / quotes

Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Year, New Hair!

Initially, I thought I made a big mistake cutting my hair, which had grown slightly beyond my shoulders. But I grew to love my new do after a few hours! The hairdresser didn't really give my hair a good cut, it's slightly slanted at the back and my fringe is ugly - but heck, I'll just use a little bit of Lucidol hair wax to fix my hair. I'll live with it :) So yesterday, I was reading Lucky Soul's blog for updates. And in their latest entry, Andrew talked about their latest video of their newest single 'White Russian Doll'. I ♥ the vid and the song, by the way! And I adore the scenes where Ali and the Russian soldier were dancing..



The entry also mentions how the video (directed by James Slater who has also directed videos for Kaiser Chiefs, Norah Jones, etc) is loosely based on Jean-Luc Godard's 1960 film 'À Bout de Souffle'. So I went to read up the wiki on the film and saw film stills of Jean Seberg (the female protagonist), and went on to do a Google image search of the actress.


I was completely mesmerized by her beauty and by how charming and cute she looked with her short crop! (Don't you just love the cowlicks in her hair in the 3rd foto?) But of course, her hair is sooo much nicer than mine and her short hair really brought out her beautiful facial structure and features. The clothes she wore in the film were simple, and they made her look feminine despite her short boyish hair. She pulled off the pixie image so well! Then I found out that she died at a really young age of 40... I'm gonna watch À Bout de Souffle and Godard's other films when I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment